Skip to main content

Terrace Ridge Farm

Hi, I’m glad you stopped by! I’m Matthew Parker, and I run Terrace Ridge Farm in Carthage, NC. My great-grandfather, Archie Badgergood Parker, bought Terrace Ridge Farm in 1926. Since then, we've raised everything from dewberries (a big crop back in the 1930's and 40's) to horse-quality hay and fresh produce. Today, I focus on growing grass, baling hay, and raising the best natural beef around. I don't call my beef grass-fed (although I do raise some grass-fed beef for special orders, so let me know if you’re interested!). Instead, I follow a different method. First, I make sure that my cows are raised on pasture their whole lives, from birth to butcher. Once my calves are weaned, I supplement about 25% of their diet with locally-grown corn, wheat, rye, and other grains. For example, I've partnered with a farmer in Laurinburg who raises most of the grains that I feed my cows. The other 75% of their diet is just grass and hay! I've been thrilled with this process, and I've found that it makes some of the tastiest, healthiest, and most tender beef around. My beef is available for wholesale purchases as well as direct-to-consumer sales in quarters and halves as well in custom smaller (or larger) quantities. Let me know if I can provide this same tasty beef for your family, restaurant, or catering business, too!

Beef

Whole Finished Steer

$4.90

$/lb. HCW including processing

A whole finished steer will weigh between 1100 and 1400 lb live weight and will have a hanging (dressing) percentage of 60%. Your take-home beef will be about 65%-70% of the hanging weight and custom-cut, including steaks, roasts, ground beef, etc.


Beef

Restaurant-size Ground Beef Pack (250 lb)

$1500

Bulk Packages (flat package pricing / not per lb.)

Buy bulk ground beef for specialty burgers made of local beef with no continual antibiotics and no added hormones! Price and quantity are negotiable based on the market price as well as your needs.


Beef

Half Finished Steer

$5

$/lb. HCW including processing

A whole finished steer will weigh between 1100 and 1400 lb live weight and will have a hanging (dressing) percentage of 60%. Your packaged beef will be about 65%-70% of 1/2 of the hanging weight and custom-cut, including steaks, roasts, ground beef, etc.


Beef

Quarter Finished Steer

$5.10

$/lb. HCW including processing

A whole finished steer will weigh between 1100 and 1400 lb live weight and will have a hanging (dressing) percentage of 60%. Your packaged beef will be about 65%-70% of 1/4 of the hanging weight and will include steaks, roasts, ground beef, etc.

Accepts Payment Plans!

Location

Terrace Ridge Farm
272 Ring Rd.
Carthage, NC 28327

Contact

Matthew Parker
mgparker9943@gmail.com
(910) 639-8115
www.terraceridgefarm.com/beef.html

Pasture Raised

Click to learn more about claims and definitions