How to Signup
Thanks for choosing to list your farm on MeatSuite.com! We're excited to have you. Please follow the directions below to build your farm page. Before you get started, we encourage you to take a look at several of the current listings to see what make an attractive profile page.
1. Products: MeatSuite.com was developed to increase freezer trade sales of local meat. For this reason, we only list farms that sell whole, half, or quarter animals, or sell "bundles" (offering meat in bulk for one price).
2. Contact Information: Please enter all of your contact information. Be sure to double check your email address and all other contact information for accuracy, as the contact information is public. This is how potential customers and MeatSuite administrators will reach you.
3. Photograph: Have a high-quality photograph ready to upload to your profile page. Each farm is allowed to upload one photograph.
4. Farm Description: This field allows you to describe what makes your farm and products great. Tell the customer how you feed and raise your animals, and what makes your farm unique. The farm description is also an area in which you can tell customers about other products; for example, wool, eggs, and breeding stock. This is the space for you to describe any special attributes such as organic, grass-fed, free-range, etc. Only meat products are listed under the "products" portion of your profile page.
5. Pricing: For beef, bison, pork, goat, and lamb, please list a price that is $/lb HCW (hot carcass weight). This price must include the cost of processing. For rabbit and poultry, list price as $/lb for the whole animal or $/animal. You must list a price for each product! "TBD" or "call for price" is not acceptable. Products without prices will not be listed on your farm profile.
6. Product Description: This area is meant to be simple and concise. Indicate how the product is available (whole, half, quarter, bundle, etc.) for each species. Please indicate the months that each product is typically available, if not year-round. This is not an area to reiterate your farm description.
Sample Pricing: $2.99/lb HCW
Sample Description: Beef by the half and whole. Available August to December. Price includes processing. Meat comes in cryovac plastic.
7. Approval: Once you have entered all of your information, click the "Sign Up" button at the bottom of the page. Once our staff reviews your farm profile it will be approved and appear on the site.
8. Questions, Changes, and Troubleshooting: If you have questions, please contact the MeatSuite administrators at firstname.lastname@example.org. After you have submitted your listing, your profile can only be modified by the website administrator. If you need to change something, please contact the administrators at the above email address.
Again, we encourage you to spend a few minutes look at the diverse farm profiles already listed. Thank you again for joining MeatSuite!